Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Colored rice :0)





Okay, this rice was a BIG hit with the DCK (daycare kids). I put it in the sensory table along with some measuring spoons and cups and let them go at it! Of course it doesn't look as pretty now, hehehe! Here is how I made it:

big bag of white rice
6 zip lock bags
rubbing alcohol
food coloring

I put two cups of rice in each bag along with 1 tsp. of rubbing alcohol. Then add a generous amount of food coloring mixing colors if needed to get the right color. Seal the bag and shake, squish, and smoosh until all the color is distributed evenly. Then I baked the rice on a cookie sheet covered in foil at 200 for 15 minutes. The smell of the alcohol goes away once it is fully dried in the oven.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I made colored rice 15 years ago, and I still have most of it. It lasts forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does last a long time! And they are loving it... but I don't think my vacuum does :/

    ReplyDelete